His recipe includes breading the chicken with flour, which I know longer eat since I steer clear of all gluten these days. In addition the curry sauce has a touch of heavy whipping cream, and since I am not eating dairy outside of grass fed butter/ghee I am going to use whole fat coconut milk out of a can.
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts or 3-4 Thighs
1/4c Coconut Milk - Full fat from can OR 1/4c Organic Heavy Whipping Cream
2T Olive Oil or Grapeseed Oil
1/2c White wine
1/2c Chicken/Beef or Veggie Broth - I used my homemade chicken broth we made last week.
1/2 T - 1T Curry Powder(yellowish/tan kind) - To taste
Sea salt & Black Pepper - To taste
1t - Italian seasonings
Meat tenderizer w/ a smooth side
Large Frying/Sauce Pan
- Slice up chicken into 4 pieces(from the 2 breasts), place on top of cutting board and cover 1 piece with wax paper and pound out until flattened consistency. Continue until all pieces are done.
- Lightly coat breasts/thighs with coconut flour.
- Put Olive Oil or Grapeseed oil into pan on med/high heat - let get warmed up
- Place chicken & Italian seasonings into the pan and brown both sides
- Deglaze pan w/ white wine, reduce white wine to about half
- Add broth - reduce to about half
- Add Coconut Milk or Cream, Curry Powder, Pepper & Sea Salt
- Let simmer for a few minutes after stirring
Last night I also made Cauliflower Mash - but added a little more broth so it would be more like a puree to put underneath the chicken and topped w/ the curry sauce. Enjoy!