This soup is great to make ahead of time and freeze for those lunches or nights where you don't have time to cook and just need to thaw & warm something up in a pinch. Making it ahead on a Saturday or Sunday is perfect!
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3-4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 in" pieces
- Canned 2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, finely chopped, plus 2 tbsp adobo sauce from can - Be careful to buy the non gluten brands. Some have flour in them.
- 7 cups broth - I use homemade chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Juice of 2 limes or lemons
- Himalayan Sea Salt and Black pepper – To Taste
- 1 Green or Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Large Tomato
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp Hemp Seeds(optional)
- 1 cup Kale – chopped finely
- In large saucepan, heat coconut oil medium-high heat. Stir in onion, garlic & kale, lower the heat to medium and cook until onion begins to brown - about 7 min.
- Increase the heat to high, push the veggies to the side of the pan, add the chicken and cook, stirring until golden, about 5 min.
- Add chopped bell pepper, tomato, chipotles & hemp seeds. Stir in adobo sauce & chicken broth
- Simmer on med-low heat for 15-20 min
- Stir in cilantro & lime juice, season w/ sea salt & black pepper(to taste) and simmer an additional 5 min
- Remove from heat and serve up and garnish with avocado