Pan Fried Brussels Sprouts
2lb Brussels Sprouts - Washed, Cut in Half
1T Rendered Bacon Fat (I saved some from the bacon we buy from Tara Firma Farms) If wanting to make this vegetarian you can use ghee or butter, if wanting to make this recipe vegan use palm oil.
2 Shallots - Diced
4 Garlic Cloves - I used the Garlic Press
2T Soaked Walnuts Chopped
Sea Salt - To Taste
Black Pepper - To Taste
Italian Seasonings - To Taste
- Heat rendered bacon fat in cast iron pan over medium heat
- Toss in Shallots and saute for 2-3 min over medium heat
- Add Brussels sprouts, sea salt, black pepper, italian seasonings and Stir
- Let cook for 2-3 min, stir, and repeat 2 more times.
- Toss in Garlic & Soaked Chopped Walnuts and let cook for 1 min