1 - 9-10z bar of dark chocolate (85%-90% Ideal for this recipe - but I used 99% since that is what I had on hand)
1/2-1c Raw Almond Butter (Used Trader Joe brand in this recipe)
3T Coconut Cream Concentrate (optional - I think it adds more creaminess to the mixture but it is not needed)
1t Vanilla Extract
Celtic Sea Salt(optional - but a great compliment to the dark chocolate)
1/3c Chopped Hazelnuts (or any nut of your liking)
1 Dropper Stevia Extract (I added sweetener again because mine was 99%, if you are using 85-90% you shouldn't need a sweetener of any kind)
- Chop entire bar of Chocolate into small pieces
- Chop Hazelnut (or not of your choice)
- Add chocolate pieces, coconut cream, almond butter, vanilla extract into pan and melt over low heat - stirring until completely melted as shown below.
- Add chopped Hazelnuts & Dropper full Stevia extract(Optional)
- Line small baking pan w/ parchment paper - If you want thin bark go with a larger pan/dish. My pan was 10x8.5.
- Sprinkle w/ desired amount of celtic sea salt(optional)
- Helps lower mild blood pressure
- This doesn't mean go on a chocolate eating binge but it's good on occasion for you. ;)
- Full of Antioxidants
- Only in the Dark Chocolate form - not when mixed with milk, ate w/ milk or milk chocolate
- Milk is known to possibly interfere w/ the absorption of antioxidants from the dark chocolate.
Just remember the key to eating chocolate is always in moderation. I hope you enjoy this easy recipe!