1lb Bacon Ends - Chopped
2lbs Asparagus w/ tips broken off - It ended up being 3 bunches that brought me to 2lbs once the ends were snapped off.
1T Organic Virgin Palm Oil
1 Vidalia Onion - Chopped
2 Garlic Cloves - Pressed
1t Sea Salt (or more for your taste)
Black Pepper - To Taste (optional)
Italian Seasonings - To Taste (optional)
1/4c Homemade Chicken Broth - Click here for a recipe.
3c Homemade Chicken Broth
- Turn oven onto 400F
- Bake bacon ends for 20 min in oven, Once done remove from pan and toss into your vitamix or food processor. Strain & save remaining bacon grease for later use as lard in future recipes.
- Melt Palm oil in saute pan
- Add onion - saute over medium heat for 3-5 min
- Add garlic, italian seasonings, sea salt and pepper - saute over medium heat for 2 min
- Add 1/4c Chicken Broth - Sweat onions until broth has reduced on medium-low heat
- Put mixture into Vitamix or Food Processor w/ bacon ends
- Steam asparagus for 10-12 min over medium heat
- Add asparagus to Vitamix or Food Processor
- Blend ingredients until smooth, taste to your liking and voila!