Step 1: Make the bread ahead of time. I followed the recipe exactly as directed, but ended up having to cook my bread an additional 10-15 min over the recommended 30 min. Here is a link to the recipe if you are inclined to try it.
Step 2: Cook 1 slice of pasture raised bacon at 400F for 20 min & Set Aside for Patty Melt
Step 3: Chef up Sweet Potato Fries in Oven
1 Organic Sweet Potato - Sliced as shown in photo below
1/4t Fresh Ground Black Pepper (optional)
1/2t Celtic Sea Salt
1 Sprig Fresh Rosemary
1/4t Ground Chipotle Pepper (optional)
1/2t Cracked Red Pepper (optional)
1T Melted Expeller Pressed Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Toss all ingredients into a medium mixing bowl - ensure all ingredients are coated as photo shows below.
- Place on baking dish and cook for 30-40 min.
- Check on Fries 15 min into cooking and flip to other side
- Remove from oven and Serve once both sides of the sweet potato fries have some crunch to them as shown in photo below.
Step 4: Cook Grass Fed Burger Patty
1/4 Grass Fed Burger - Made into 1inch thick patty
1t Italian Seasonings
1/4t Celtic Sea Salt
1/4t Black Pepper
1/4t Coconut Oil
Raw Grass Fed Chive Cheddar Cheese (optional)
- Once burger is made into patty coat each side with italian seasonings, black pepper & sea salt
- Put cast iron griddle over medium heat & add 1/4t coconut oil - once melted it is ready to add patty
- Add patty cook over medium heat for 5 min & flip and cook for another 5 min
- Cut 2 thin slices of your Paleo Bread & 1oz of your grass fed cheese of choice(optional)
- Put 1/2t grass fed ghee onto griddle
- Turn heat down to low - Place a piece of bread down on the butter - add cheese, bacon broken up, burger, cheese & bread to form your sandwich - Be careful not to burn the bread
- Cook each side for a few min until lightly toasted and cheese is melted as shown in photo below.
|Paleo Patty Melt w/ Baked Sweet Potato Fries & Raw Sauerkraut with a glass of Cabernet from Robert Young Winery|