Carrot chips or Baked Carrots would also be delicious with the base to this recipe - but with the ingredients scaled back a bit - planning to try that out soon and will post a recipe.
2c Raw Walnuts - Soaked over night in water prior to use in fridge.
16oz Greens(Kale, Swiss Chard, Spinach, Arugula)
- 11oz Earthbound Organic Power Greens (Baby Spinach, Baby Swiss Chard & Baby Kale) - Had these on hand so I decided to test them out.
- 5oz Earthbound Organic Baby Arugula- Had these on hand so I decided to test them out.
3 Bunches Curly Kale - De stemmed and torn into pieces
3t Garlic Powder
1.5t Curry Powder
2t Chili Powder
1t Cracked Red Pepper(Optional)
1/2t Sea Salt
15 Turns - South African Smoke Seasoning Blend- Trader Joes(Optional)
1/2-3/4c Extra Virgin Olive Oil - My favorite right now is from Kasandrino's Imports.
1/4c Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar - My favorite brand is Bragg's
1/4c Chopped Fresh Cilantro
1/2t Kelp Granules (optional)
1/2t Dulse Granules(optional)
- Rinse soaked walnuts really well and set aside in your vitamix(High Powered Blender) or Food Processor
- Add all ingredients listed above - except olive oil
- Slowly add olive oil into the mixture to get a paste like consistency. Once this is achieved you are ready to combine w/ the kale.
- Put torn & stemmed kale into a large mixing bowl and add curried nut mixture
- Massage the mixture into the Kale until everything is coated
- Spread kale out evenly on your dehydrator sheets
- Dehydrate at 105 for 12-18hrs - They are done once everything is dehydrated and crunchy
- OR Turn oven onto 180(lowest temperature setting) with convection (fan) setting and bake around for 1-3hrs - until crunchy. I don't use this method but a friend of mine does as she doesn't have a dehydrator and she said it works great. Just check back on them frequently to ensure they don't burn.