- Mood Booster
- Cocoa Phenols - May help lower blood pressure
- Cocoa Powder - Is rich in polyphenols(type of resveratrol) and has been shown in multiple subjects to inhibit oxidized LDL
- Anti Aging / Improves skin condition
- Did I mention it is LOADED with resveratrol?! - Protects skin from UV damage, anti-cancer benefits, heart protective
Chocolate Choosing Guide - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/is-all-chocolate-created-equal/#axzz1msoaYq7u
5 Best Dark Chocolate Bars - According to Mark's Daily Apple - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-5-best-dark-chocolate-bars-in-the-world/#axzz1sMeFDy6W
Personally, I try and find organic dark chocolate without soy lecithin or dairy and always with cocoa butter or cacao or cocoa beans as the 1st & 2nd ingredients. Another one that tastes pretty decent and doesn't have that dry chalky taste with 85-90% dark chocolate is Lindt. Everyone has their own unique taste buds - test it out and see what hits the spot!
I hope you enjoy this yummy muffin recipe!! It's loaded with good healthy fats and not overly sweet!
**Special announcement - Once my Eat2Bee Healthy facebook page hits 400 likes, I will be doing a giveaway with a pint of Tropical Traditions Gold Label Coconut Oil. Please keep spreading the word for your chance to win. Thank you so much for your support & following. Have a wonderful week!!**
4 Small Bananas - Mashed
3 Pasture Raised Eggs - Tara Firma Farms
1T Chia Seeds - Soaked in 3T Filtered water for 10 min prior to adding into recipe
1T Local Raw Honey
1T Vanilla Extract - Gluten Free
1/4c Unsweetened Shredded Coconut - Tropical Traditions (Optional)
1/2t sea salt
1t Baking Soda (Gluten & Aluminum Free)
3/4c Almond Flour - Honeyville best for baking - This can be purchased on amazon
1/4c Coconut Flour - Tropical Traditions
Lindt 85-90% Dark Chocolate Bar - Melted
2T Melted Grassfed unsalted butter - Kerrygold is great for this recipe and typically easy to find in the grocery.
Makes 12-14 Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Melt Butter & Chocolate in seperate pans over stove top or toaster oven
- In a medium - large mixing bowl - Add mashed banana, 3 eggs, Vanilla Extract, Soaked Chia Seeds & Honey - Use a large fork or whisk to whip/mash well until mixed together evenly
- Stir in Shredded Coconut
- Pour in Butter & Chocolate - Mix into ingredients
- Add sea salt, sifted baking soda & almond flour - Mix well
- Sift coconut flour in last - Mix well
- Use a large tablespoon to scoop mixture into muffin recycled paper baking cups in a 12 muffin tin pan
- Cook for 20-30 min, checking halfway with a toothpick to check the consistency. Every oven is slightly different from the next, so it's best to test it out in your oven to see what the perfect time is for these delicious treats!