There are a couple of ways that you can make noodles with vegetables.
1) Spiralizer - This can be purchased from Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/World-Cuisine-A4982799-Tri-Blade-Vegetable/dp/B0007Y9WHQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346170693&sr=8-1&keywords=spiralizer
2) Julienne Blade - This is a cheaper option and sometimes my go to choice. Less clean up and works just fine when using Zucchini as a noodle in recipes. http://www.amazon.com/Swissmar-Peeler-Julienne-Blade-White/dp/B0037105KE/ref=sr_1_22?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1346170742&sr=1-22
2-3 Pieces pastured bacon - Sliced into small pieces - Prather Ranch Uncured - No added sugar is my favorite. We pick ours up at the farmer's market. I believe US Wellness Meats also sells bacon that doesn't have added sugars and can be purchased online.
1/4 small white onion - Diced
1/4c Dry white wine
1/4c Full fat coconut milk - If you can tolerate pastured cream feel free to use this instead - Native Forest is my favorite brand. It's in a BPA free can and can be purchased at Whole Foods or cheaper on Amazon by the case.
2 - 6inch (small/medium) organic Zucchini - julienned or spiralized
2 Pastured eggs - We purchase ours from Tara Firma Farms. Tropical Traditions also has fantastic pastured soy free eggs that can be ordered online. Whole Foods also sells 3-4 pastured egg options. They run around $6-8 a dozen depending on where they are purchased out in Cali.
1t Italian spices
1/4t Cracked red pepper - Optional
Sea salt - to taste
Black pepper - to taste
- Add bacon into cast iron or stainless steel skillet - saute for 5 min over medium heat, stirring consistently
- Add white onion, Italian spices and cracked red pepper - saute for 3 min
- Pour white wine into pan - Cook down for 3-5 min
- Crack eggs into bowl and whip with fork or whisk - set aside
- Pour coconut milk or cream - Cook down for 3-5 min
- Add zucchini noodles - use tongs to mix together with mixture in pan. Be sure not to make the noodles soggy by squeezing them with the tongs. It's important to lightly toss them into the mixture for about 2-3 min
- Pour eggs over mixture & lightly toss w/ tongs to get egg coated on all noodles - Cook additional 2-3 min over medium/low heat